Saturday 23 November 2019

ep 98 20/2/4720 AR - the Reliquary

     
Elder Crystallis
Image result for Axiomite of Xin
Axiomite
   


8:28am  2019-11-23 Smon Has entered the room
joriandrake: and for Drakhaien I improved the usefulness of Mage Hand, making it posible to be cast as bonus action and have it gain +10 feet distance. As it is the core element of Arcane Trickster I needed to do something about it
Keelia: I'm not sure how many I've had now. I've got epic boon written 5 times on my sheet in various areas. I know I've got epic boon of speed. and the one that gives me another 9th level spell and prodigy but I think I didn't use another two of them...
joriandrake: morning Simon
Keelia: Morning simon.
joriandrake: well, at least write them all in the same place, no wonder you're not sure
joriandrake: I should start writing them on char sheet too, I have them here on paper, but probably better if also adding to the one in thread
Keelia: My sheet is so filled with writing, I'm writing it in any space left!
Smon: hi j & k
Keelia: I'm even using sticky notes now  I really need to redo my sheet....
Keelia: How are you simon?
joriandrake: THat's the good thing about writing a sheet on forum, I also decided on my own how it looks and what data matters. For most games I only leave out the equipment/loot details in thread
Smon: I'm ok, bit sore
Keelia: what happened?
joriandrake: I made a 'standard' kind of char sheet template to use in dragonsfoot, maybe I could send you a clear one Keelia?
joriandrake: sore?
Keelia: @j, please send one. I need to document this stuff somewhere
Keelia: If I lose this sheet it's all over
Smon: (just my muscle/joint pain from hypermobile pelvis)
Smon: Posting Quillax to the thread seems a good idea. Then you have an online copy you can edit at will.
joriandrake: I could even fill it out for you if you PM me your character details, might be easier for you than to be bogged down in text formating (I use stuff like bold, italic, listing format, various text sizes to make it easier to read)
Smon: I recommend doing it yourself Keelia so you are familiar with it.
Keelia: simon, that sounds a bit ouchy  I hope it passes soon for you.
joriandrake: https://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1983735#p1983735
joriandrake: This is Drakhaien's own, as example
Smon: (had it for 19 years)

Keelia: (still, I do hope it at least eases a bit)
Smon: Thanks
joriandrake: drugs can help ! (ignore me, I'm just weirdly making fun of 'drugs' being the word in UK for medicine)
joriandrake: I will look through my template and make it more fitting for a Druid. I believe I can use my existing Cleric version best for that
joriandrake: What's the Background for Quillax?
Keelia: No worries, I've lost half her information over the years  I've got her stats but not necessarily why they were like that. I can't remember her background as it's been about 5 years since she was created
Keelia: I'll just put up what i've got on the sheet and keep going from there
Smon: Checking FB looks like Chris won't be here until at least 09.00 and James overslept but should sign in soon
joriandrake: Was the game already in 5e version 5 years ago?
Smon: Quillax never had much background AFAIK except she was a young druid from Wolf's Ear who joined the Pathfinders.
Smon: We started November 2015 so 4 years
8:40am  2019-11-23 JamesDevil Has entered the room
joriandrake: oh, I meant actual Backgrounds, like Charlatan, Sage, Urchin,, Outdoorsman
JamesDevil: morning
joriandrake: good morning James
JamesDevil: I am sooooo sorry!
Smon: 1st 11 sessions here http://smonscurseofthecrimsonthrone.blogspot.com/2015/11/shards-of-sin.html
Smon: hi James
joriandrake: I've just read today the log from last week, and noticed that Fergus dropped out due to baby and marriage, I send my congrats to him
Keelia: I know what you meant about background  I can't remember
joriandrake: lol, ok
Keelia: morning james
JamesDevil: what don't you remember about backgrounds?
joriandrake: I think I can figure that out based on what skills Quillax is proficient with and what else you may still have in writing left
JamesDevil: you mean lan guage type stuff?
Keelia: seriously, Jorian, it's alright. I can do it
Smon: end of last session >>Smon: GM: Beyond the western door you hear a clattering sound, as of hurried and urgent mechanical activity...
Smon: Something tells you your goal is VERY near!
Keelia: Q takes EE form.
chris107:
JamesDevil: Claw smiles
Smon: Shasthaak looks grim. "Xin waits beyond that door. I can feel it!" He raises his sword. "Beloved Sorshen, be with me now!"
Smon: end session
JamesDevil: "Finally, an actual challenge!"<<
joriandrake: Keelia just told us she lost parts of char sheet, or is so messy that it is hard to recall things like what epic boons Quillax got
Keelia: Her sheet is old and complicated and has all sorts of shit that I probably actually need to decide on since there is still one language I think she's never taken
joriandrake: So I help her, will send a template for character sheet to be used on dragonsfoot as example
JamesDevil: ah,k
Keelia: and physically has a small piece missing.... so, I'm digitising.
joriandrake: some Background options also grant extra languages
joriandrake: Will we wait for everyone to start with a boss battle? I hope so o.O
JamesDevil: so do you remember your actual background at all? or just part of it?
Smon: @Keelia I would just say post info to https://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=70130&start=2130 and don't worry about format. Main thing is ease of access for yourself.
Smon: I'm fine to wait to 09.00
joriandrake: Simon is right with the info getting online is the first step, formating what you got can wait till later
Keelia: It's cool - I'm ready to start the game  I can multi-task or even do it later
joriandrake: I guess it won't change a lot now at the boss battle, but hopefully we all survive so you still have a reason to put the Quillax data on the thread
Smon: Here's Bright Star https://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=70130&p=1899423#p1899257
Smon: Here's Chris's PC Hakeem https://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=70130&start=870#p1832682
joriandrake: ah yes, we considered all saves in that campaign to be proficient and such
joriandrake: but Hakeem is now gone from game, or will Chris play him again?
joriandrake: well, Chris should be here in ten minutes, that isn't a long wait now
Smon: I offered to let Chris play Hakeem in Shattered Star but he preferred to make a new PC tailored to the campaign.
joriandrake: Probably better that, a clean break/reset
joriandrake: I'm not following it closely, but I believe Chris is using Hakeem now in his own DM-ed game as main NPC
Smon: I think Hakeem is off stage in that
Smon: from the blog 10/11/4710 Session 2

Game start ca 2 am, long rest at Heidmarch Manor, currently mid-afternoon, ca 3pm, in The Crow, one of the Irespan Pilings around 2000' off shore from Underbridge docks.

Quillax & Scotty returning to Heidmarch Manor are accosted by a whip-cracking tower girl accompanied by three docks thugs. She demands the Shard; Quillax is full of Pride and refuses. Battle starts, a new Pathfinder, Keelan, sent from Heidmarch manor appears and aids them, while Quillax turns into a bear!

The group return to Heidmarch Manor; Sheila uses an Ioun stone to cancel the curse on the Shard, and proposes a quest to recover the Seven Shards and reform the Sihedron, the greatest artifact of ancient Thassilon. Quillax can detect the location of the next shard in The Crow, one of the Irespan pilings in the sea off Magnimar.
joriandrake: Quillax was tied to Pride shard first?
Keelia: (yes)
JamesDevil: (she's proud of it)
Smon: Yup. Quillax only ever seemed Prideful in her Engineering skills though.  GM: I suggest we start game now and Chris can join when he arrives. I'll NPC Malassandra until he gets here with her giving you +6 to saves.
Smon: test font
joriandrake: YoU're the boss, you decide, at least we have a powerful undead assassin on our side (kinda)
Keelia: font is good
Smon: OK I'll post what you see when Claw busts down the final door...
Smon: The walls of this cathedral-like chamber stretch nearly a hundred
feet into the air above, towering sheets of black crystal along
which dance ripples of strange energies. Crumbled shards of
crystal litter the floor, while an immense Sihedron rune has been
carved into the floor in the center of the chamber. The energy
rippling on the walls congregates upon a strange crystal the size
of a man’s head, embedded in the center of the rune and pulsing
as if to the rhythm of an unseen, crystalline heart.

The clockwork reliquary stands
in the center of the room atop the Sihedron rune that
pulses with the palace’s energies. The reliquary’s wickedly
curved components shift and twitch as you enter, and
the bones of the ancient wizard emperor Xin, drawn into
the reliquary upon his death,
seem to glow within their crystalline prison, shifting and
seeming to be larger than the skeleton of a mere man has
any right to be.
Smon: The palace walls shudder, and creatures
composed of crystal step out of them at the same time the
energies flowing along the walls descend and coalesce
into beautiful but stern humanoid figures.
Smon: You have a brief glimpse of the spectral form
of the wizard Xin's spirit superimposed over his bones as the construct whirls to life.
joriandrake: (The reliquiary is seethrough and there are XiN's bones in it?
Smon: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ce/a5/2f/cea52f006ee34f0b3795b891453127dc.jpg
Smon: posted to https://smonscurseofthecrimsonthrone.blogspot.com/2019/11/ep-97.html
joriandrake: (I'm not sure we can handle the real boss without a long rest, did we send the loot from that room back home yet? I also worry if this palace sinks or disappears after victory it may all be gone too)
JamesDevil: looks like we woke him up >:)
Smon: GM: Because you fortunately didn't listen to Drakhaien and pressed on swiftly, the Reliquary has had to be emergency-activated, giving you a Surprise round vs it (but not the minions - 2 Crystallis & 3 Axiomites)
JamesDevil: "We'll go back on the way out for the loot as the place crumbles, it will look so cool!"
joriandrake: Well, I just hope +1 round is worth it, I'm unsure how many spells our casters have, at least Drakh was careful with spell slots
Smon: GM: As Shasthaak & Malassandra move in to engage, the Axiomites (glowing humanoids) and Crystallis elementals engage them, giving the rest of you a chance to reach the Reliquary before it has finished activating.
joriandrake: "Not sure we even have a choice now that he has seen us anymore"
JamesDevil: Claw will charge the closest enemy (after Int
Smon: GM: If you had been stupid enough to Long Rest (1 week) there would have been several thousand Xin Legionnaires dismantling Magnimar by now. You could have Short Rested in which case Xin would have been ready for you.
JamesDevil:
joriandrake: (right, forgot your long rest rule, init rolls?)
JamesDevil: hit'em hard and fast
Smon: init please - I am doing Shastaak & Malassandra vs the minions off-stage for now
JamesDevil Rolls 1d20+2x2 and gets:
5 (+2) = 7
1 (+2) = 3
JamesDevil: -.-
Smon: Right now you have advantage vs the Reliquary
joriandrake rolls 1d20+5 and gets: 5, (+5) = 10
joriandrake: (well, could be better)
joriandrake: go Q!
Smon: I take it Quillax has the Sihedron & she is in EE form
Keelia rolls 1d20+3 and gets: 2, (+3) = 5
Smon: Xin Reliquary
JamesDevil:
Smon: /roll d20+2
Smon rolls 1d20+2 and gets: 13, (+2) = 15
Keelia: (I don't think my init roll changes in EE form does it?)
joriandrake: I'm glad it can't act at least in this round
Keelia: Ah sorry, keep forgetting about timeglass
joriandrake: (I think your Dexterity may be different, which alters it?)
Smon: You should use the EE DEX bonus
Keelia: OK, let me dig that one, one second
Smon: I have the Sihedron & Timeglass powers https://smonscurseofthecrimsonthrone.blogspot.com/2019/01/rise-of-runelords-4719-ar.html
joriandrake: meanwhile: Simon does Drakhaien see any place to hide behind in the room, perhaps near the doorway?
Keelia: ok, so that will be -1
Keelia: should I re-roll or just knock 4 off that previous roll?
Smon: GM: Drak could hide behind the doorway then pop out to shoot
Smon: Quillax has Foresight from the Timeglass
Smon: Foreight gives advtg on all d20 rolls inc init
Keelia: EE init roll
Keelia rolls 1d20-1 and gets: 5, (-1) = 4
Smon: roll once
JamesDevil: aw...
Keelia: Practically the same
Smon: ok Q got 1 & 4 so 4
joriandrake: I hope the battle wil lgo better than our initiative rolls
Smon: #15 The Reliquary activates (no longer Surprised)
Smon: #10 Drakhaien
Keelia: (use up the bad rolls now)
joriandrake: wait, this is still the first, surprise round no? so shouldn't it just get skipped? did we jsut lose our advantage?
joriandrake: just*
Smon: Also rem you can use Reaction outside your own turns
Smon: There is no such thing as a Surprise Round in 5e Jorian
joriandrake: I mean the literal Advantage, not tactical
Smon: The Reliquary had the Surprised Condition so could not act on its first turn. At the end of its first turn, the Condition ends.
joriandrake: Sorry, you confused me, that is all. "Smon: GM: Because you fortunately didn't listen to Drakhaien and pressed on swiftly, the Reliquary has had to be emergency-activated, giving you a Surprise round vs it"
joriandrake: Drakh will shoot it as action, use bonus action to cast invisible Mage Hand nas close to it as possible, then move behind the doorway to block line of sight
joriandrake: as close*
Smon: You'll need to bonus action Hide, then shoot, then you can move out of sight of it behind doorway
Smon: >>use bonus action to cast invisible Mage Hand nas close to it as possible<< explain the rules effect of this please
joriandrake: "Smon: Right now you have advantage vs the Reliquary" Do we still have that? Because if yes he doesn't have to hide now
Smon: No advtg ended when it activated
joriandrake: It won't do anything now, even as I can cast it as Bonus Action I need also a bonus action as Arcane Trickster to order the Mage Hand to do stuff, so I just set it up for next turn to be used.
Smon: ok so you better use bonus action to Hide if you want to Sneak Attack it
joriandrake: Drakhaien will shoot a normal shot at the reliquary, no advantage, no sneak attack, then move behind the doorway, even without Stealth he should have the line of sight there broken?
Smon: yup
joriandrake: that I do then, I hoped to have auto-advantage alreay but that ship has sailed then, shooting now
Smon: OOC guys I am getting a bad feeling about this now. Maybe we should delay until Chris can play?
joriandrake rolls 1d20+11 and gets: 5, (+11) = 16
joriandrake: 16
JamesDevil: might be better idea smn
JamesDevil: i'm happy eitherway
Smon: 16 bounces off the Reliquary
Smon: Keelia what do you think?
joriandrake: Well, we started after you suggested to do this, NPC-d M at least keeps the enemy henchmen busy
joriandrake: Drakh moves behind the doorway, end turn
Keelia: Let me re-read to ensure I didn't miss anything
Smon: I am not busy today but I think we need Chris/Malassandra for final battle. How about we just do Claw & Quillax's turns now then stop at end of turn 1 if Chris has not turned up.
joriandrake: (Shouldn't Chris be here already? I thought he was meant to be half a hour late, now it is 1 hour)
JamesDevil: makes RP sense actually
Smon: Let's do #7 Claw & #4 Quillax - #7 is Claw attacking the Reliquary?
JamesDevil: nope, hitting the cloest minion, they need to be kept busy
Smon: ok
JamesDevil: reckless
Keelia: Agreed.
JamesDevil Rolls 1d20+19x2 and gets:
8 (+19) = 27
4 (+19) = 23
Smon: /roll d5
Smon rolls 1d5 and gets: 2
joriandrake: (I hope Xin woN't jsut summon new ones if these are defeated)
JamesDevil: Slashing
Smon: Claw attacks a Crystallis (AC 19) - hit
JamesDevil rolls 3d6+13 and gets: 6, 1, 6, (+13) = 26
JamesDevil: Fire
JamesDevil rolls 5d6 and gets: 4, 1, 5, 5, 4, = 19
Smon: takes full fire dmg so 45 dmg
JamesDevil: cool, i'll roll together then
joriandrake: yay
JamesDevil: reckless again
JamesDevil Rolls 1d20+19x2 and gets:
19 (+19) = 38
20 (+19) = 39
Smon: crit
joriandrake: yay
JamesDevil: 20 d6 combine plus 13 for attack right?
Smon: 16d6 plus brutal dice plus rage (4) str (10) weapon plus (3)
Smon: you did 49 on 1st hit as +17 not +13
JamesDevil rolls 16d6+17 and gets: 6, 1, 1, 1, 5, 1, 4, 3, 2, 2, 3, 1, 3, 3, 6, 2, (+17) = 61
Keelia: (chris says 15 minutes)
Smon: plus the brutal dice
JamesDevil Rolls 1d12x3 and gets:
9 = 9
8 = 8
2 = 2
JamesDevil: :/
Smon: there'd be d6s
JamesDevil: so 19
Smon: as weapon does d6s
JamesDevil: o cock, yes
JamesDevil Rolls 1d6x3 and gets:
3 = 3
4 = 4
3 = 3
Smon: 71 dmg
JamesDevil: so used to great axes -.-
joriandrake: (Simon, do you have a picture of this Reliquary? I have a hard time to imagine it)
Smon: I posted it twice Jorian!!
joriandrake: sorry
Smon: https://smonscurseofthecrimsonthrone.blogspot.com/2019/11/ep-97.html
joriandrake: thank you... woah
Smon: Claw hits a Crystallis for 120 damage, badly hurting it.
Smon: #4 Quillax
JamesDevil: right so 60 to me ubness i save
joriandrake: (you can send Sihadron to Drakh )
JamesDevil: @smn +6 from our pala right?
Smon: You don't have to roll a save James
JamesDevil: it was a crit, so i was in range of it
Smon: (I'm feeling weurgh so best sign off after Q's turn anyway.) Ah right!
Keelia: Q is going to change the sihedron to Generosity, and smack the reliquary with a sunbeam as level 7
Smon: So the sword explodes... what's the save DC James?
joriandrake: Fine, let's stop then, we're all over the place after a bad init too
JamesDevil: 25 i think
JamesDevil: thats the 3e save anyway
JamesDevil: i think you lowered it to 17
JamesDevil: i'll make a note of it what ever you decide
Smon: It's 19 - http://smonscurseofthecrimsonthrone.blogspot.com/2017/07/ep-54-185-to-364713-seven-swords-of-sin.html
Smon: Garvok, Sword of Wrath Weight 10 lbs. Garvok was merely the first wielder to be cremated by the blade that took his name and consciousness. A particularly brutal member of the Shoanti caste, he was granted the weapon crafted by the evokers of Runeforge and, to display its might to the Runelord of Wrath, entered the arena of Xin-Bakrakhan. Facing wave after wave of soldiers, Garvok was finally brought down not by the spears of his foes, but by the explosions of his own sword and the resulting collapse of the royal arena. When the sword was dragged from the rubble, drops of Garvok's blood still boiled upon the blade's shattered edge—a fitting christening for the sword of wrath.
This scarred piece of crimson stained metal functions similarly to a returning throwing greatsword. Garvok can be thrown 25' short/75' long at full bonus as an attack, returning immediately. Additionally, whenever Garvok strikes a foe, the target must succeed at a DC 15 DEX save or take an additional 5d6 points of fire damage, half damage on a save. If the sword scores a critical hit, it explodes in a fireball centered on the wielder's opponent. All creatures within the fireball's 20-foot-radius spread—including Garvok's wielder and allies, if within range—take 14d6 points of fire damage (DC 19 DEX for half). The wielder has no control over the sword's eruption and cannot prevent it from exploding. The sword returns to its wielder's hand, fully reformed, just before the beginning of his next turn.
JamesDevil: @ah, i apologise you are correct
joriandrake: roll and good luck, I assume you are raging and it halves it anyway?
Smon: OK everyone but Drakhaien & the Reliquary will be in the blast area
Smon: roll dmg please
JamesDevil rolls 14d6 and gets: 3, 2, 2, 1, 5, 2, 3, 1, 5, 1, 4, 3, 2, 2, = 36
Smon: The Axiomites are high level Rogues, no dmg if save
Smon: /roll d20+10x3
Smon Rolls 1d20+10x3 and gets:
8 (+10) = 18
13 (+10) = 23
17 (+10) = 27
Keelia Rolls 1d20-1x2 and gets:
3 (-1) = 2
14 (-1) = 13
joriandrake: shit, classed monsters
JamesDevil Rolls 1d20+2x2 and gets:
1 (+2) = 3
2 (+2) = 4
joriandrake: (also shit, they may easily sneak attack us then!)
Keelia: EE-Q fails a dex roll...
JamesDevil: not that it will make a diff...but plus 6 from Chris right?
Smon: 1 fail, w evasion it takes 18
Keelia: It would for Q
Smon: +6 from Mal yup
joriandrake: right, Quillax didn't add the +6 either I think
Keelia: Then EE-Q passes
JamesDevil: 18 for bearbarin
Smon: Crystallis saves
Smon: /roll d20+3x2
Smon Rolls 1d20+3x2 and gets:
11 (+3) = 14
8 (+3) = 11
JamesDevil: even i cannot contain my RAW POWER
Smon: take full dmg, 1 nearly destroyed now
Smon: #4 Quillax - casts Sunbeam at the Reliquary?
9:46am  2019-11-23 chris107 Has entered the room
JamesDevil: YAY!
chris107: Hiya guys, sorry I'm late.
JamesDevil:
joriandrake: (Hi chris, first round, but we are soon ending session)
Keelia: yes,
Smon: Hi Chris. I'm not feeling too good but want to do round 1 then break.
joriandrake: (At least he can roll Init too)
chris107: No probs
Smon: Are you guys free this evening?
JamesDevil: nope soz
chris107: I can be most likely.
Smon: How about this afternoon?
JamesDevil: i'll be on the opposite side of london
joriandrake: I doN't know, probably, but either tonight or tomorrow morning I leave with family somewhere
Keelia: Unlikely, I'm out with my dad this afternoon / evening
Keelia: if you aren't feeling well, we can always wait until next weekend
joriandrake: after seven it should be ok, that is after Six for GMT/UK time
Keelia: It's not a problem!
Smon: OK, well prob wisest to delay until next weekend, you are wise Quillia
Keelia: With a +7 bonus, I should think so
joriandrake: there it is again, the mixed names  - Keelia is right, best to drop today then , you do need to rest
chris107: Need you on top form when we battle Xin, Simon!
Smon: Quillax casts Sunbeam at the Reliquary - the Sihedron flashes and the bones seem to flinch - the Sihedron negates its Magic Resistance...
JamesDevil: lets hurry and finish this round, we can at least done one of these guys
joriandrake: Right, will Chris/Mal do init roll?
Smon: It counts as undead too so has disad on save
joriandrake: (We all did real badly on it)
joriandrake: yay
chris107: Initiative for mal
Smon: however it has a +15 CON save
chris107 Rolls 1d20+2x2 and gets:
19 (+2) = 21
7 (+2) = 9
Smon: /roll d20+15x2
Smon Rolls 1d20+15x2 and gets:
1 (+15) = 16
3 (+15) = 18
chris107: 21
joriandrake: ... yay
chris107: yay
Keelia: his con at disadvantage vs 21
Keelia: hoping for a low roll from him
joriandrake: (someone who has a higher than 10 init finally  )
chris107: doesn't get much lower!
joriandrake: HGe rolled a nat 1 for total of 16
Smon: fail (rolled 1) - the Reliquary burns a Legendary Resistance to avoid being blinded - a shard of skymetal snaps up to protect the bones, and burns away in the Sunlight
Keelia: Whoohoo!!!
joriandrake: oh, right, boss battle, it has legendary actions o.O
Smon: 2 more LRs left
Keelia: still - burned a resistance!
joriandrake: true!
joriandrake: Shall we do Mal now, then end?
Smon: I'll roll NPC inits
Smon: crystallis
Smon: /roll d20+6
Smon rolls 1d20+6 and gets: 16, (+6) = 22
Smon: sorry that was a 19
joriandrake: (Chris, the critters are class leveled Rogues, so be careful of sneak attacks)
Smon: Axiomites
Smon: /roll d20+6
Smon rolls 1d20+6 and gets: 2, (+6) = 8
Smon: Shastaak
joriandrake: even with a 2 they are quicker than most of party o.O
Smon: /roll d20
Smon rolls 1d20 and gets: 13,
chris107: (No idea what's going on Jorian, but I'm sure the DM will fill me in.)
joriandrake: (Well, we are soon ending, so I guess you can just read the log)
Smon: I think I better quit there, post log so Chris can read it, and give Mal 2 rounds of actions next time 

No comments:

Post a Comment